"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever." -Alma 26:12

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

5/16/2016 Working hard!

Minnasan konnichiwa,

Wow, this week absolutely flew by, I feel like I hardly remember anything! My companion and I have been working really hard to find new investigators, so we have spent a lot of time finding and housing. We were able to meet a few people that invited us to come back again, so we will hopefully have more people to teach very soon. One person we talked to on the street, Alam, actually ended up coming to church after we met with him the first time. He moved from Bangladesh to come study in Japan, and so he is eager for any opportunity to talk to some English speakers and make some more friends here. He had a good opportunity to do that this Sunday, because all the members decided to work together and prepare a lunch for everyone after church. It was so much fun just to spend more time with the members all together, and to get to know them a little better.

That same day, we went with the Bishop to deliver the Sacrament to members that couldn't make it to church. We then went to his house and had dinner made by his wife. There was so much food; curry, pizza, salad, sausages, and various vegetables, and all were delicious. It was nice for them to invite us over to their home and allow us to be a part of their family for the night. Sorry, but I'm going to keep it short today. This past week seems to have disappeared, and the coming week will probably be even faster. We have zone conference on Thursday, after which we will head to Izumo (my past area!) for missionary exchanges with the zone leaders (my last companion!). Then we will go to Kobe to hear from Elder Gary E. Stevenson, one of the leaders of the church. We will finally be able to go back to our area after that, but it is going to be a really fun, spiritual few days. I am so excited, and can't wait to learn lots!

Winegar長老より

No comments: