"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever." -Alma 26:12

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

1/31/2016 No transfer staying in Izumo!

Konnichiwa minnasan,

First of all, I have to say that I didn't get transferred! I and Machado chourou, my companion, both stayed in Izumo. I am so excited for the opportunity to work with these amazing members for at least one more transfer. I have truly seen miracles as we try to work closer with the members in bringing forth this great work. We are trying to find, teach, and prepare as many people as we can for baptism and following the example of their Savior, Jesus Christ. While we have been striving to achieve our goals of preparing these people, we have seen so many great examples of faith and people desiring to serve their Father in Heaven.

One of those great examples comes from Naoki, a young man we are currently meeting with. With some investigators it is a bit of a struggle to get them to read the Book of Mormon, but in the course of about a week, he has already read over a hundred pages. Every time we meet with him, he eagerly picks up his Book of Mormon and simply asks "where?" He even has the pattern of the lessons down. Before we can even bring it up, he makes sure that we pray to begin and end every lesson. We have talked a lot about the importance of church, but he hasn't been able to come because of work. He has asked his boss for sundays off several times, but to no avail. Yesterday morning before church, we received a surprise phone call from him saying that he had called in sick at work, and that he would definitely be coming to church. I wasn't sure if I should congratulate him for lying to his boss, but I was so happy to see him in church! His desire to follow the commandments of God inspire me to do better in my life, and I hope that I can always strive to do more to show my love for my Father in Heaven.

There are so many other awesome examples I could share, but I don't have the energy or time to type them all up, gomenasai (sorry). I love you all, and I just want to let you know that I know this gospel is true. I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer, and that if we follow His example, we can receive so much peace and comfort in this life. I give my simple testimony in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Winegar長老より


This is Ishitobi Kyoudai, he has been a member for about a year now, and loves to make food to give to the missionaries.


This is a xis tudo (cheese everything) from a restaurant owned by a Brazilian family.  They love the missionaries too, and gave my companion and I one of these beautiful burgers each for free.

No comments: