"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever." -Alma 26:12

Monday, September 26, 2016

9/26/2016 "eventful last few Preparation Days!"

Minnasan konnichiwa!

It's been a while, and an eventful last few Preparation Days! Last week we were able to go to Kobe for Trainer Trainee Training Meeting, and so we were able to spend a few hours in Kobe with a lot of other missionaries coming to the meeting. I met up with Vui choro, one of my best friends from the MTC! We were able to catch up on a lot of stuff, and then we played basketball at a nearby park! It has been so long since I have played basketball, I was so rusty, but it was so much fun.

The week before we stayed in our area, but the other missionaries from nearby areas came and we visited an old Japanese-style village called Bikan jiku. We celebrated Allen choro's birthday by visiting a member's store for lunch and the Sister Training Leaders brought a cake!
That is a summary of our P-days for the past two weeks, now on to this week! We were out of our area for what felt like the first half of this past week, but we came back and were able to meet with some of our investigators. My companion and I have been trying to focus on teaching out of the Book of Mormon lately, and we are seeing the power it has to motivate and change how our investigators learn about what we are teaching. We saw this change in one investigator in particular, as we started out reading from the Book of Mormon. We told him we would like to read about 10 verses, and he let out an emphatic, "WOOOOWWWWW!!!!" Definitely the best reaction I have ever had from asking someone to read from the Book of Mormon. After we got him settled down he realized it wasn't nearly as bad as he first thought, and we were able to get into a great discussion. We read from Alma chapter 22, as Aaron went to the  Lamanite King to teach him the gospel. As the King learned of the truthfulness of Aaron's message, he said that he would give up his entire kingdom and all of his sins in order to know God. We asked him what he would be willing to give up to know God, and he gave us some answers of what he would be willing to give up. As we left the lesson, I continued to think about what I am willing to give up to follow God, and I would like to extend the same question to all of you. How much do you love God? What would you give up to know God or to follow His guidance more closely? I know that if you desire to deepen your testimony of God, to know without a doubt that He is your loving Father in Heaven, that knowledge can come through a study of the Book of Mormon.
I love you all, and love hearing from you all so much. Hope you all have a great week!
Love,
Winegar長老より

No comments: