"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever." -Alma 26:12

Monday, September 26, 2016

9/4/2016 Hot weather of summer is over!

Minnasan konnichiwa!

Congratulations! We made it through the summer! (At least in Japan, I'm not so sure about America right now) The weather is finally cooling down, and is now deciding to dump rain on us to cool us down after a blistering summer. It will likely rain on and off for the next week or so, really giving us a chance to dust off our umbrella's. But luckily for us, whenever we are showered with rain, it seems that blessings are poured out along with it. This past week didn't rain too much, but we were still lucky enough to see an outpouring of blessings in the work.

The first of those blessings was... Zone Conference! We were able to receive training from our Mission President and his wife, the Assistants, and the Zone Leaders. This was also the first time I got to see my new zone leader, who was actually one of the members in my MTC district, Elder Pagel! It had been a long time since I had seen him, so it was really great to catch up and see how he has been. I am so blessed to have such awesome zone leaders, especially since they are both some of my really good friends. We received a lot of really good training that day, especially about preparing ourselves to teach through our study. It was certainly something that I needed to hear, and I am excited to see how my study habits can change and improve now that I am applying the things that I have learned.

Another big miracle for the week came out of nowhere, when a former investigator, Yuuya, texted us. A few weeks ago he had told us he no longer wanted contact with the missionaries or the church, and it was really hard for me because I had come to be good friends with this young man. But earlier in the week he texted and asked if he could meet with us again! He came that night to the church, and we were able to catch up a little. He told us that he had recently gotten a new job, and he hadn't wanted to meet anymore because he was so busy. He still isn't willing to try and change his work schedule to meet with us more often, but he had some time on Sunday so he showed up at church. We still don't know what will end up happening, if he will continue to meet with us or not, but it was so good to see him again.

It is always sad when we lose contact with someone that we care about, or someone decides not to continue in the path to receiving all the blessings God is waiting to give them, but I have felt that even if they don't accept our words now, their hearts have been opened and they may accept our message later on, in another setting or with a second opportunity. I know that the Lord loves all of His children, and will not rest until we have all been given an opportunity to hear and accept His gospel. I know that this is true, I am experiencing that love every day. I pray that you all feel it as well.
Love,
Winegar長老より

Zone Conference


After district lunch meeting.

No comments: