"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever." -Alma 26:12

Wednesday, December 21, 2016

10/31/2016 Halloween!

Minnasan konnichiwa, and Happy Halloween!

This week went by so fast, I don't even know what I should talk about today. I guess I should start with a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my little sister Tessa. I can't believe you are 13 now. Just not right. But congratulations anyways.

We had a few Halloween parties this week, one for our English class, and one held by the church and put together by the young men. In our english class we talked about halloween, and played some games. I realized how little I knew about halloween when the students kept asking random questions about why kids ask for candy and what other things do we do besides trick or treating? We also didn't really have any halloween themed-games planned, but it was fun nonetheless. The halloween party put on by the church was mainly just a costume contest and dinner, but there was plenty of good food and fun.

One of the really awesome things from this week was that we were able to meet with two less-active members that I had been wanting to meet lately. The first, Corazon shimai, is really busy with work right now, and said we could meet on the condition that it was only for ten minutes. We readily took her up on her offer, and even though it was short we were able to introduce ourselves and share a short message from the Book of Mormon. She said that she felt good talking to us, wanted to meet more, and especially wants her children to learn more about God since they don't go to church much right now. We set up a return appointment, and will probably be able to meet with the kids as well next time!

The second less-active, Marcos kyodai, was baptized by my trainer, Elder Madruga, so I always wanted to meet him. He lives a little far away, so spent a good amount of time biking out to his house and finding the place. We expected to talk a little at the door, and then head back home. When he opened the door, he let out a laugh of excitement, and hurriedly invited us in. We spent almost an hour just getting to know him and seeing how he is doing. He has felt too tired to come to church lately, but has been feeling like he needs to go back. We then got into a discussion about the Book of Mormon, sharing our favorite prophets. He loves Alma for his boldness in teaching and testifying, and I could feel the joy he had from living the gospel and learning. As we left, he told us that he was so happy we came, and that he would be coming back to church!!!

The whole way home, I was feeling the same joy and happiness that he told us he was feeling. I know that the way to finding happiness and joy in this life is through true worship of God and having a sure knowledge that we are doing what He would want us to do. Any other happiness is only temporary, and cannot give us the sense of fulfillment we all desire. I testify that we can all find peace, safety, love and happiness in our Savior Jesus Christ. I love you all so much, have a sugar-filled Halloween!

Winegar長老より


Eating onabe.
Eikaiwa halloween party.





No comments: