"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever." -Alma 26:12

Wednesday, December 21, 2016

11/20/2016 New companion, Elder Octaviano!

Minnasan konnichiwa,
Hellonmynametatsuhirokohirai,mtromkusatsuwinegardestfriend

That was my friend Tatsuhiro kyodai! He says 'hi' from Otsu! We had transfers last week, and it got a little busy, so I wasn't able to send an email, so sorry about that! I stayed in Otsu, but my companion Elder Kawajo transferred all the way to Okayama. My new companion is Elder Octaviano, from São Paulo, Brazil. I don't know why I keep getting Brazilian companions, but I sure am lucky. Elder Octaviano can do pretty much anything. He plays violin, guitar, piano, tennis, sings, studied physics in college, and is really humble. We are going to have a fun transfer here for sure.

We didn't have a whole lot of time last week since transfers were on Thursday, and then we had Stake Conference on Saturday and Sunday. It still was an awesome end to the week, though, especially since we got to hear President Welch talk. In the last meeting meant specifically for new members and investigators, we talked about the way we study the Book of Mormon, and I want to share what President Welch taught. He said that the first thing we must do before studying is to pray to God for help in understanding what we are reading. God's thoughts are higher than our thoughts, so we have to seek his help in understanding His words. Second, it is not about how long we read, but about pondering on what we read, thinking deeply about what the scriptures mean, and how they apply to us. The real power comes into our lives when we focus on the application. I know that what President Welch said is true, and that when we study the scriptures with the intent to act we will begin to progress in our lives and feel a joy much greater than what we feel now. I know God loves each and every one of you so much, and just like Tatsuhiro kyodai said, '[you are my] best friend!' Tchau tchau!

Winegar長老より

No comments: