"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever." -Alma 26:12

Tuesday, February 7, 2017

1/23/2017 "God will add His power to His servant's efforts." President Henry B. Eyring



Minnasan Konnichiwa!

This week was another busy one, as we had interviews with our mission president on Thursday, and then a zone meeting on Friday. I received a lot of great advice from President Welch, but the one that hit me the hardest was the importance of learning from past experiences, good or bad, learning from them, and then moving on without dwelling on them. I always learn so much from him, and there is still so much I am able to learn. Time seems to be flying by, there never seem to be enough hours in the day!

We were finally able to meet with one of our good friends, Seiryuu, he finally made it back from China this past week. We are calling to confirm with him tonight, but as of Saturday he said that his dad gave him permission to be baptized next week! We are so excited for him, and hope that his parents will follow his awesome example.

We have seen a lot of other amazing miracles this week, but in spite of all the miracles God shows me daily, for some reason last week I was feeling a little discouraged with my abilities to talk to people, teach, etc., and it was a good opportunity for me to reflect on how the Lord can magnify my abilities and efforts far beyond anything I can do alone. As I was reflecting on this idea, I read a talk by President Henry B. Eyring, and he shared these words, "God will add His power to His servant’s efforts. Hearts of people will be touched to make the choices that will bring them along the gospel path toward happiness and away from sorrow." I felt the truthfulness in his words as I looked back to see all the times God has lifted me up, strengthened me when I was weak, and gave me courage that I didn't have before. I am so thankful to know that God is looking out for my well-being, and that He is working for the benefit of every person that has ever lived or ever will live on the Earth. I am thankful for the words of His prophets that guide us closer to Him.
I hope everyone has a great week, one filled with snow, laughter, and the Spirit! See you next week!

No comments: