"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever." -Alma 26:12

Tuesday, February 7, 2017

1/6/2017 Transferring to Wakayama

Minnasan konnichiwa!

Another 6 weeks has come and gone, which means it is the dreaded transfer week again. I am going to be leaving this wonderful Otsu area later in the week, and heading to Wakayama. I have really come to love the members and people of this beautiful place, and it really still hasn't sunk in yet that I will be gone soon. We have seen so many miracles this transfer, and so many exciting things even in the past week. One of my absolute favorite things to do as a missionary is to teach about the Book of Mormon, and we were able to do that in meeting with a new friend, Noriko san. She recently started coming to eikaiwa, and picked up a Book of Mormon that was lying out on the table in the entranceway to the church. As we talked to her more, she really seemed to have interest in what we were talking about. We met this week on Friday, sitting down and talking all about where the Book of Mormon came from, and why it is so important in growing closer to God. Just like the Bible, the Book of Mormon witnesses of Jesus Christ, showing us how we can be more like Him. As I read and talk about these scriptures, I see how there is power in the words, how God teaches us and answers our questions through them. It amazes me that no matter how many times I have read these same passages, I always learn more when being taught by the Spirit. 

Even with cool experiences like this and many others in this wonderful area, I am looking forward to going to a new area, and I will be even more blessed by my new companion, Elder Johnson! He and I came to Japan at the same time, so it is going to be a great time! Even with this, it will sure be hard to leave Otsu. I have been studying more this week about God's plan for us, and while I could easily stay in Otsu for the rest of my mission and be happy, I know that the Lord has more experiences waiting for me, more things that I need to learn. I have seen my faith grow that He knows better than I do, and I trust and know that God never asks us to leave a good thing behind unless He has something better in store for us. I am so excited to see what is planned for me, and to meet some new amazing friends.
Until next week!
Elder Winegar

Seiryuu's house

No comments: