"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever." -Alma 26:12

Tuesday, February 7, 2017

1/30/2017 Seiryuu baptized!

Minnasan konnichiwa!

This is going to end up being a short email, since we traveled a bit to play basketball with some missionaries from another zone. We spent most of today playing basketball, and ended with a little touch rugby. It was such a good time, and I was able to meet up with some good friends. My old companion, Elder Kawajo was there, as well as Elder Jones from my MTC district when we were still in Utah. Because of that, we don't have much time to email today, but we have some exciting news to report. Our investigator, Seiryuu, was baptized yesterday. He has such a strong testimony, and has a great love for the scriptures and Jesus Christ despite being only 8 years old. Besides the fact that we got to witness an amazing kid become closer to his Heavenly Father through baptism, the best part of the baptismal service was the effect it had on his mother, who is not a member. As we walked out of the room with everyone, I saw tears in her eyes. She thanked us for all that we are doing to help her son, and I knew that she felt the Spirit touch her heart and tell her that this was God's church on Earth.
There were so many other amazing experiences throughout the week, large and small, and they all continually testify to me that God cares about each and every one of His children. I often worry that I won't be good enough to help someone in need, that I won't know the right thing to say at the right moment, or that even if I do my best it just won't be enough, but it is after those thoughts that the Spirit and scriptures teach me that God can make up for any shortcoming or fault that I have. This is not my work, I will never convince someone into believing God through great speaking ability or teaching ability. Only God has that power to change people's hearts. The only reason my effort matters at all is because that effort qualifies me to have that same power to change my life, and by so doing give people an opportunity to do the same. I love the things I am learning here, and I love the opportunity to grow closer to a loving Father in Heaven each day. I hope and wish the same and more for all of you!
Elder Winegar

Elder Kawajo, Elder Jones (in the back)


Preparation day activity


Seiryuu's baptism!

No comments: