"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever." -Alma 26:12

Friday, July 1, 2016

5/30/2016 Transfer week


Minnasan konnichiwa,

This week is the dreaded transfer week, but my companion and I are holding out that we will be staying together for another transfer. We won't know for sure until tomorrow, which means I won't be able to let you all know what happened until next week. But for now we will keep praying to stay in Kurashiki.

This week felt pretty normal compared to last week having Elder Stevenson come to talk with us. We were in our area the whole week, and we were able to teach a lot of lessons. A lot of them were with random people on the street while trying to find new people to talk to, and we met some pretty awesome people. One boy we talked to told us how he kind of had a rough life growing up, and that he physically fought with pretty much everyone around him. He realized that what he was doing wasn't good, and decided to change. Through a lot of work, he became a much better person, and it was visible in his countenance as he spoke with us. He also told us that as he went through this change, he began to believe more in God, or at least in the possibility that God could be real. This young boy absolutely amazed me, having basically repented without even realizing it. And now he is so much happier for it. Sadly, his mom told him he couldn't continue to meet with us, which was really disappointing for us, but his experience really reaffirmed my testimony of repentance. It is not something scary, but rather a process through which we can change our lives and once again realign ourselves with God's will. Anyone that desires to change their lives and experience this joy can do so, and can come to a greater knowledge of their loving Father in Heaven, who will provide help for us throughout this journey. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that He loves us, and He will not leave us alone to face our trials. Every time we turn to Him, He will be there for us.

Love you all so much, and I hope you have a great week! Don't forget to ask God for help this week!

Winegar長老より
A cool bridge in the woods.
A cool parfait in the woods (just kidding, that isn't really a parfait)
Braziliano's (with a lot of missionaries)





No comments: