"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever." -Alma 26:12

Friday, July 1, 2016

6/12/2016 Hot and Humid


Minnasan konnichiwa,

I hope everyone is doing well, and that life is treating you alright! It's getting hotter and hotter here every day (except when it's raining), and I miss good old Idaho summers. I thought they were hot before, but this heat and humidity is something different altogether. I guess that's enough about the weather, on to the week.

Not too many new developments this week, but we did have an awesome zone training meeting. The best part was that Elder Madruga and Elder Matsumoto, our zone leaders now, gave the training. They both lived with me in kouchi when I first became a missionary, and it was so awesome to be together with them again, especially since they are now companions. Now all I need is to be companions with Elder Matsumoto and I'll be set. They taught about the new vision for this transfer, and it was all about happiness. We are all about working hard as missionaries, as we should be in such an important work, but it is also so important to find happiness and joy as well. After all, that is God's purpose for us, "men are, that they might have joy" (2 Nephi 2:25). I know that when I am happy, I tend to work harder and better. I also know that true happiness comes when we center our lives on Christ. When we do so, our happiness changes from a temporary feeling to one that can last through any trial. It doesn't mean that we won't have hard times, but it does mean that we can find joy in all stages of our lives, through relying on the power of the Atonement of Jesus Christ.

That is pretty much all I have to say this week, because I know that it is one of the most important things in life. There is no need to continue to be unhappy when we can rely on the Lord to help us. He can take away our pains, our heartaches, and our concerns, if we will only ask Him. He will also give us strength to face those trials that we have, and stand by us as we overcome them. I know that He loves us, and will never leave us. The choice is completely in our hands whether we will ask Him for help, or push him away. Please don't push Him away, though; I invite you all to give your hardships up to Him, His love is all-encompassing, great enough to fill each one of us. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Winegar長老より

Zone Training Meeting

No comments: