"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever." -Alma 26:12

Friday, July 1, 2016

6/6/2016 Staying in Kurashiki!


Minnasan konnichiwa!

This week was transfer week and.... I didn't go anywhere! I am still in Kurashiki, and so is my companion. Heavenly Father knows I need a lot of help to learn this language, so He is giving me two transfers with a Japanese companion. I am so blessed!

Since we didn't have transfers, we were able to stay in our area the whole week and just get to work. It was pretty normal week for missionary life, but of course that means we saw miracles every day. One of the simple miracles we saw this week came as we were having an activity at the church. It was getting close to 9:00, and as missionaries, we have to be back in our apartment by that time. Everyone had just started eating, and my companion and I both really wanted to stay, especially since we hadn't eaten yet (typical Elders, right?). But we decided that we needed to be obedient, wolfed down a little bit of food, and began biking furiously to get back to the apartment on time. It really isn't that far; maybe about 5 minutes at our best. This time, though, we had only left ourselves about 3 minutes. But as we continued on as fast as we could, we mad it home to the apartment just in time. It was just a small testimony builder for me that as we have righteous desires to obey God's rules, He will provide us with the strength and e way to follow them.

One of the most unexpected experiences of the week came while we were housing around trying to talk to new people, and we made it to the final house of the apartment building we were at. We rang the doorbell, got an answer, and were told to go away by a woman. We started to walk away, but before we could go far, she opened the door and called us back. Her husband decided that he wanted to talk to us, and find out what we were doing visiting people's houses like this. He invited us inside his home, and told us about his life and his beliefs. He had a lot of interest in our religion, and what makes us different from other churches. As we tried to answer his many questions, he just kept firing more questions at us. Finally, we told him about church, and he said he would like to try to come. He is normally really busy with work, but promised that if he has a day off, he will come. We weren't able to make a return appointment for the same reason, but it was such a cool experience for me to see that there are so many people out there seeking the truth. The only thing that is stopping them from embracing that truth is that "they know not where to find it."

I am so thankful for the knowledge I have that God is our Heavenly Father, and that He loves us. He wants what is best for us, and has promised that anyone who will ask Him for help or for answers in faith and through the name of His Son Jesus Christ, that thing will be given unto them. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ,
amen.

Winegar長老より

No comments: