"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever." -Alma 26:12

Friday, July 1, 2016

6/30/2016 Rainy!

Minnasan konnichiwa,

First off, sorry I wasn't able to send an email on Monday, Tanaka choro got pretty sick late Sunday night and we didn't get out of the apartment until today. He still isn't feeling so good, so I'm going to have to be short today.

This past week has been a wet one, raining on and off almost every day. One thing that I re-learned this week is that when the Lord gives us trials or hard times (rain), He follows them with an increase of blessings and help. Wednesday was a particularly rainy day, and we had to work hard to keep our spirits up. Nearly everyone we visited wasn't home, and for obvious reasons no one wanted to stop and talk on the streets. On top of that, my companion's rain jacket is getting pretty old, so he was completely soaked pretty early in the day. He finally gave up on his old rain jacket and bought a new one, but he was already pretty wet by that time. We eventually made it through the day, but we hadn't seen much success, and hardly talked to anyone.

The next day is where we saw the increase in blessings. It was a bright, sunny day, and we were able to talk to a ton of people throughout the day. Not all of them were interested in what we had to say, but most were polite enough to have at least a small conversation with us. The last person we talked to, as well as the nicest, was an 18-year old kid named Hosome. We talked all about God and families, and he told us how he cares a lot about his own family. We were able to set up an appointment to meet again on Saturday, and talked more about God's plan for us, and what we are expected to do in this life. He is really busy most of the time, but took the time to meet with us
despite his crazy schedule. Right now he is in school and working, and is right in the middle of a bunch of tests. Because of that, he may not be able to meet very often in the future, but every once in a while we will likely meet again so that he can learn more.

Love you all so much, hope everyone has a great week!

Winegar長老より

No comments: