"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever." -Alma 26:12

Monday, April 25, 2016

2/22/2016 Amazing week!

Minnasan konnichiwa!

Wow, this week has been amazing! There have been a lot of awesome experiences that made it special, but most of all, it was special because we spent the whole week in our area. No long bus rides to Okayama (although those are fun, too), and no other meetings besides District Meeting. My companion and I tried to set some pretty high goals for ourselves to make up for lost time in our area, and we worked really hard to accomplish them. When we finally made it to the end of the week, we were successful in most of our goals.

One experience in particular stood out to me this week, as we tried to reach out to a member that has been struggling lately. We, the other missionaries, and another family of members got together and made dinner for them. We dropped it off at their house and talked to them for a little to see how they were doing, and if we could help them somehow. As usual, they turned down our offer for help, but they were so grateful for us doing something small to help them in a time of need. When we saw them on Sunday they were still as busy and tired as ever, but they were more open and willing to talk to us. It was amazing for me to see how one small act of kindness could lift the spirits of that family, and I thought about my interaction with the other people I come into contact with, and if I am just saying that I love them, or am I truly looking for ways to express that love to them? My testimony has been strengthened that through those simple acts of kindness, in the small things, that people can see your love for them. My challenge to all of you reading this is to find a simple way to express love to the people that mean so much to you in your life. And please, don't forget your loving Heavenly Father, to whom we owe everything we have been blessed with. I know that He loves each and every one of you, more than you or I can ever know. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Winegar長老より

One of the tallest lighthouses in Japan.



Cool temple!
Same temple, different angle.


No comments: