"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever." -Alma 26:12

Monday, April 25, 2016

2/29/2016 "Work continuing to move along in Izumo"

Minnasan konnichiwa,

I seem to be at loss for words again this week, but I think it is the fault of too little sleep and too much delicious food. We went to Yonago last night in order for my companion to interview one of the
Yonago Elder's investigators for baptism. We woke up at 4:00 in the morning to prepare for the interview at 6:00 (which he passed- baptism on Saturday!), and then we went straight back to Izumo for lunch with a member. He took us to an all-you-can-eat restaurant, so of course, I loved it!

As far as the rest of our week has gone, the work is continuing to move along in Izumo. The Sister missionaries are preparing for a baptism on Sunday, and we are all excited for that. The members are getting more involved in missionary work, and it is helping us so much. In our ward council meeting last week, we shared the mission goals that we have and how we need help from the members to fulfill those goals. We felt the Spirit bear witness to our words that we will be successful only when members and missionaries work together. No one took a bigger step forward in member missionary work than our awesome ward mission leader. He even came to a lesson we had with an investigator this past Friday at 6:00 IN THE MORNING!!! If that isn't dedication, I don't know what is. It's been amazing to see the increased efforts of members and missionaries alike, and it looks like it will only grow from here.

Right after that lesson in the morning, my companion and I hopped on a train to get to district meeting. It was the last district meeting for our beloved District leader, Elder Tsuchiya, who returned home a few weeks early to start college. During district meeting, we all shared what we learned from our study of the Book of Mormon. There were some awesome insights shared, and they all revolved around Christ and His Atonement. I would just like to add my simple testimony that I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer. His Atonement is the center of our Heavenly Father's plan for us. Because of is wonderful gift, we have the power to change our lives to be in harmony with God's laws and principles. I say these things in he name of Jesus
Christ, Amen.

Winegar長老より

The last district meeting with Tsuchiya chourou :'(

No comments: