"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever." -Alma 26:12

Monday, April 25, 2016

4/4/2016 Sakura!!

Minnasan konnichiwa!

This week has been another good one! We started off the week with interviews from President Welch. He is so awesome, and I always learn so much from him. This time he shared some of the things he was learning from reading the Book of Mormon, and he gave me an amazing answer to a question I had from my own study. All in all, it was a great experience. The sisters had a baptism again on Sunday, and we were able to participate in the confirmation. Our branch has seen a lot of growth recently, and it is way exciting to see! We are witnessing miracles all the time, and it is all thanks to God. This is truly His work, and He is helping us to find the people that are ready to hear our message.

Speaking of our awesome branch, this past weekend we were able to go see sakura (cherry blossoms) with a family in the branch. We all brought something, and had a nice potluck picnic. Then later that night, we played soccer at a nearby gym. It was pretty fun, but my companion is basically a pro (he had a scholarship to play in college back in Brazil), so I definitely got showed up a little bit.

One of my favorite experiences from this week was meeting with Bandai san. He has been an investigator for a long time, but has been really busy with work lately, and hasn't had time to meet with us. I had never met him in two transfers, but we were finally able to set up an appointment with him. We went to his house, and had an awesome lesson with him. He was attentive the whole time we were there, and every time we shared a scripture with him, he would make a note of it in a special notebook he had. He told us that he has a hard time in always following through on the things the missionaries have asked him to do in the past, but that he really respects our beliefs and the things w teach. When we shared one particular scripture and asked him what he thought about it, he simply answered "It's true". I couldn't help but smile at that answer, because that is exactly how I feel.
It's true. This gospel is true, Jesus Christ is our Savior, and God is our loving Heavenly Father. I can't deny this truth, because it has been proved to me countless times in seeing the hand of the Lord in
our lives each day. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Winegar長老より

Sakura!


We love the members! (Especially Mark kyodai)

No comments: