"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever." -Alma 26:12

Monday, April 25, 2016

4/11/2016 General Conference

Minnasan konnichiwa!

I'm sorry to be a week behind everyone, but we were able to watch General Conference this past Saturday and Sunday, and it was amazing! I can say for sure that I know there is a prophet of God on the Earth today, and that he receives revelation to guide us and protect us in these latter days. One of my favorite talks from this past conference was from Elder Holland. I felt the truth of his words as he encouraged us all to look forward to tomorrow with hope rather than fear. The only way we are able to have this hope within us is through relying on the love of our Father in Heaven, and in His Son, Jesus Christ. Elder Holland stated that it is only through that knowledge "burning in our hearts" that "we can have the confidence to keep trying to improve, keep seeking forgiveness for our sins, and keep extending that grace to our neighbor." I hope to have this same knowledge burning in my heart, so that I can continue onward through trials and challenges with a perfect brightness of hope in Christ. I also loved the scripture that he shared in closing, found in Joshua 3:5- “Sanctify yourselves, for tomorrow the Lord will do wonders among you.” I am so excited to see the wonders the Lord will perform, so I am working to sanctify myself!

General Conference and a trip to Okayama for a Zone Training Meeting took up a lot of our time this week, and we also spent a lot of time preparing for an activity this next week, a big Brazilian barbecue! We are trying to get around 50 people to the activity, so there is a lot of preparation for us to do, but I am too excited for this awesome activity to feel stressed about things like preparation or getting enough people to the activity. I'll make sure to take pictures of all the Brazilian meat, because it might be the only real Brazilian barbecue I ever get.

I don't have much else to share from this past week, so I'll share a cool experience we had today. My companion recently was in a little bike accident, and his wrist has been hurting a little, so we made an appointment at the hospital for today. This morning with about 10 minutes left before the appointment, we couldn't find his wallet anywhere. We turned the entire apartment upside-down looking for it, because we wouldn't be able to do anything without his insurance card and foreign residence card. We looked everywhere, but we couldn't find it. We knew that we were running out of time, so we decided to kneel down and pray for help in finding the wallet. We finished the prayer,
started looking around some more, and found the wallet soon after- in a place we had already looked! I know that God hears our prayers, and that He cares about our small concerns. If we will take the time to ask Him for His help, He will always provide it. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Winegar長老より
We had a missionary blitz in Matsue- It was really wet!
(A missionary blitz is a majority of missionaries working in one area to increase investigators. Not much success with so much rain and hardly anyone on the streets to find.)


Matsuyama zone is back together.

No comments: