"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever." -Alma 26:12

Monday, April 25, 2016

3/14/2016 Transfers

Minnasan konnichiwa,

I'm writing to you all today from the wonderful area of Izumo! Yes, transfers came and went, and I stayed here. My companion transferred out, though, going to Omihachiman to train a new missionary. He left on Wednesday last week to get to Kobe in time to pick up his trainee. While he traveled there, I stayed with Vui choro over in Matsue as his companion transferred as well. I was able to spend two awesome, fun-filled days with him, and was able to witness firsthand his amazing, spirit-led teaching.

Our new companions arrived on Thursday night, and I was going crazy with anticipation. My new companion ended up not being a new companion at all, but rather my old companion from two transfers ago, MADRUGA CHORO!!!! He had just come from Kouchi, so he was able to give me an update on all of our old investigators. It was so nice to hear how well everyone was doing, even his last companion (love you Pagel(^-^)/ !). Sometimes I still can't believe that we are companions for another transfer, but I figure there must be something God wants me to learn that I didn't get last time. I'll make sure it sticks this time, because I don't think I'll get another chance.

Other than that, not much is new here. We are continuing to work harder than ever to strengthen the testimonies of our investigators, and we are seeing some exciting things being brought to pass in the Japan Kobe Mission. Yesterday at church, we saw one of the Sister's investigators, the one that got baptized last week, receive the Gift of the Holy Ghost. The strength of her testimony continues to amaze me, and I know she is going to stay true to the things that she has learned and felt. We were also able to meet with one of our investigators that we haven't seen in a while. He told us that he just
needed a small break, which is why he wouldn't return any of our calls. He said to us that he was fine now, and that he would like us to continue to come and visit him and his family. Other small miracles like this are happening all the time, and especially in this past week. I am so excited for the future, although I may not be in this area much longer.

I would just like to leave my simple testimony with you all that Heavenly Father is real, and that He loves each one of us. He knows each of us individually, and desires for us all to be happy. Not only that, He provided us with a way to achieve the greatest happiness possible in this life. He gave His only Begotten Son as a sacrifice for all mankind, that we can overcome all of our trials. I love Him so much for that, and the best way I know to repay that love is to spread this happiness with the rest of His children. I would like to invite you all to read from the Book of Mormon, I can promise that it is truly the word of God. He offers us so much happiness if we will only learn of Him and follow His commandments. This last week I was reading in Mosiah chapter 2, and it spoke a lot about this same happiness. I won't share any individual scriptures from the chapter, but I know that this happiness is extended to everyone, regardless of age, race, gender, EVERYONE can feel this love. I say these things in the name of our Savior and Redeemer, Jesus Christ. Amen.
Winegar長老より
We ate a lot of sushi!


Love Matsue!


Madruga PART ll



No comments: